Hotel and rental car owners don’t just offer you discounts at random, you have to ask for it work for it, and sometimes, these discounts aren’t even worth it, well unless you’re looking to traveling during off peak season where there is at most a 50% discount. So aside from waiting for your favorite hotel’s tirade of discounts during off peak season, why not take the initiative and find your own ways to cheap travel, make your own discount. Here some tips to make your own discount.
– Check detour flights other than the straight one you’re bound to get when you inquire. You can get cheaper overall prices if you choose to book two flights instead of one
– It is always better to buy food at the grocery and cook it yourself rather than eating everyday at a restaurant.
– Travel to places which boast of natural beauty but have lower costs of living, prices here tend to be lower. Take the Bali or Malaysia for example, both have great views and tourist spots but come without the hassle of overpricing.
– If you’re planning to stay for more than a week, call the hotel that you’d want to stay in and ask for week long stay discounts, these can range for percentages off your room price or even a “free day.”
– Find web-only discounts or coupons which some hotels and airline owners provide especially for those willing to reserve online. You can save as much as 50% on your travel costs by going this way.